The Information Commissioner's Office publishes advice on how to make an information request.
- Before making a request, check to see if we have already answered your questions by reading the following publications:
• publications from 27 April 2017 onwards
• publications before 27 April 2017
- You can also find the types of information we usually publish in our publication scheme.
- If you would like to make a request for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, email your request to email@example.com. We will respond to your request within 20 working days.
Data subject rights
You have the right to:
- request access to your personal data (a ‘subject access request’)
- request a correction of your personal data whereby the data we hold is incomplete or inaccurate
- request a deletion of your personal data whereby NHS Improvement has no good reason to continue to process. You also have the right to ask for a deletion of your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing it or where NHS Improvement has processed your information unlawfully
- object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms
- request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy, (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it, (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it
- request a transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format
You also have the right to withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data.
Normally, there will be no fee attached to a subject access request, however we have the right to request a reasonable fee for subject access requests if the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
We will respond to your subject access request within one month of the date of receipt.