Ashford and St. Peter’s Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust operates across two hospital sites in Surrey, with our 3,800 staff providing services to a population of over 410,000 living in the boroughs of Runnymede, Spelthorne, Woking and parts of Elmbridge, Hounslow, Surrey Heath and beyond.
The Trust aims to be a vitally important centre for the delivery of urgent and emergency care from children to adults supported by a breadth of critical care. They will seek to reinforce their position as the major emergency centre to the people of Surrey by developing the strength of their elective services to reinforce their emergency care pathways. The Trust will seek to transform the patient experience and continue to provide the best diagnostic and planned care that they can.
At this critical stage in their development, the Trust are seeking a talented and highly motivated Non-executive Director to join the Board who has worked at a senior leadership level in a large, complex organisation, able to make an invaluable contribution to the strategic direction and future success of Ashford and St. Peters Hospitals. Working closely with the Board, you will have a strong commitment to the principles of the NHS and provide strategic direction, governance, leadership and challenge at the Board of Directors.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Skills in strategic or operational management such as strategic business planning, marketing and communications, customer focus or wider business services experience (e.g. customer services, stakeholder engagement, change management)
- Capable of chairing a committee, an understanding of the needs of our local patient community, the roles and responsibilities of the Council of Governors, statutory and regulatory requirements, risk management and board assurance processes
- Specific expertise relating to the work of the organisation in one or more of the following, such as patient advocacy, stakeholder engagement, consumer/customer focus, market management, organisational development, commissioning, contract management, local government, economic analysis, change management, HR, education and training or legal expertise.
- Experience of operating at senior or board level within a large and complex public or private sector organisation, and may have a background in marketing or communications.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification or experience
- Membership of the Foundation Trust
- Senior Leadership experience at Board or near-board level
- Management experience in senior marketing / communications role in private/ public/voluntary sector
- Strategic partnership / strategic alliance experience
Ashford and St. Peter’s Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust particularly welcome applications from female, black and ethnic minority or disabled candidates to strengthen the diversity of their Board.
Please complete and submit a short application via NHS jobs and attach your CV and covering letter.
For further information please contact Elaine Beaumont, Workforce Resourcing Manager on 01784 884068 firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Open Evening: 30 January 2018 (5:00pm for a 5:30pm start)
- Closing date: 5 February 2018
- Interview Date: 27 February 2018