We are seeking to appoint a Non-Executive Director to the Board who is a qualified healthcare professional with senior leadership experience including serving on a Board. It will be essential that you bring a strong focus on good corporate governance, offer strategic vision and ambition along with the ability to support, challenge and energise our unitary Board working with a complex and dynamic agenda. Most importantly you will share our values and our passion for providing compassionate and high quality services for all our patients, their families and our communities.
- Qualified Clinical/Healthcare Professional
- Board level or equivalent experience as a healthcare professional in a large complex organisation
- Evidence of success in chosen career with a track record of leadership
- Understanding of and commitment to public service values of accountability, probity, openness and equality of opportunity
- Commercially and politically astute
- Understanding of customer and public expectations
- Previous experience and understanding of audit and risk management/assurance processes
- A strong understanding of corporate governance and board responsibilities
- Experience of leading partnerships and collaborations across the local authority or independent sector
- Experience in developing organisational strategies
- Degree level education or demonstrable track record of operating in a dynamic environment at this level
- Eligible to be a member of Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust. Note – successful candidate will be required to submit an application for membership.
- Understanding of the priorities of the people who use our services and their families.
The Trust Board is currently under-represented in terms of individuals from BME backgrounds and welcomes applicants from these communities. Selection will be on the basis of merit. To ensure the diversity of the workforce and understand the differing needs of our communities, the Trust is committed to the principles of Positive Action. Positive action is defined as voluntary actions employers can take to address any imbalance of opportunity or disadvantage that an individual with a protected characteristic could face. Protected characteristics, as identified in the Equality Act 2010, are age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
|Closing date for receipt of applications||30 June 2019|
|Selection Event: Expected to be||7 or 8 August 2019|
Terms of appointment
Eligibility – To apply for this appointment you need to be eligible to be a public member of the Trust. A member is a resident of the Trust’s catchment area which includes Derbyshire and its bordering Counties. There are additional eligibility criteria detailed in the Trust’s Constitution. The post is subject to the Fit and Proper Person Regulations, including the requirement for an enhanced DBS and additional pre-employment and on-going checks.
Term of office and time commitment
The appointment will be for an initial term of three years, commencing in January 2020 plus an additional period in shadow form from Autumn 2019 to allow for a handover with the retiring Non-Executive Director. The appointment is subject to approval by the Council of Governors. Time commitment will be in the region of 4-5 days per month but other than attendance at key meetings (including Board meetings) much of this commitment will be flexible.
Find out more
Making an Application
Please refer to the Job Description/ Person Specification and application requirements in this document for guidance when completing your application. If you would like to discuss the role in more detail or have any queries regarding the post please do not hesitate to contact Caroline Maley, Chair, via Alison Tuckley, Office Manager/Personal Assistant to Chairman and Chief Executive Tel: 01332 623700 – extension 31205 or e-mail email@example.com.
All applications are to be made via NHS Jobs that also requires you to upload your CV as part of the submission.