We are seeking to appoint an outstanding individual, who is both financially qualified and has senior-level financial management experience, to join our strong Board. The successful candidate will bring the capability and enthusiasm to support our ambitious vision within the context of significant change, transformation and opportunity, both within the organisation, the region and the wider NHS. The successful candidate must also be able to demonstrate experience of working in or with large, complex organisations, an ability to engage positively and collaboratively in Board discussions, and the potential to act as an ambassador for the Trust. They will also bring strong relationship management and influencing skills, have experience of making autonomous decisions and have a passion for delivering quality and excellence.
The Trust has identified the following
skills/expertise for this appointment:
- A financial qualification, with senior level financial management experience is essential.
- Experience of working in or with large complex organisations
- Strong relationship management and influencing skills
- Committed to quality and delivering excellence
- Ability to engage positively and collaboratively in Board discussions
- Ability to act as an ambassador for the Trust
- Strong commitment to promoting equality, inclusion and diversity
Interested applicants must live within South or West Yorkshire and we welcome applications from all aspects of society, including people from BAME communities, people with disabilities, younger people, service users and carers.
|Opening date for applications / advertisement||Thursday 6 June 2019|
This will be as follows between 5pm and 7pm at the following location:
Monday 24 June, on Block 7 (via main reception), Fieldhead, Ouchthorpe Lane, Wakefield, WF1 3SP
|Closing date for applications||Wednesday 3 July 2019|
|Shortlisting||Friday 5 July 2019|
|Final interviews||Friday 12 July 2019|
|Nominations Committee (recommendation)||W/C Monday 18 July 2019|
|Members’ Council (approval)||Friday 2 August 2019|
|Appointment start date, subject to completing of pre-employment checks||Monday 5 August 2019|
Find out more
Interested applicants must live within South or West Yorkshire public constituencies as set out in Annex 1 of our Constitution and meet the provisions covering the appointment and removal of Non-Executive Directors of the Trust Board set out in paragraphs 25, 29 and Annex 6 of our Constitution. Our Constitution can be found on our website at: http://www.southwestyorkshire.nhs.uk/about-us/how-we-are-run/trust-board/constitution-self-certification/
Before you apply, please ensure that you have read the Job Description in detail. Your supporting statement must be aligned to the criteria outlined in the Person Specification.
To apply for this role, please send the following to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly marked “Application for Non-Executive Director”:
- Your current CV (including email address and daytime telephone number)
- Supporting statement aligned to the person specification (maximum 4 pages)
- Your current remuneration package
- Contact details of at least TWO referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. (We will not make contact with referees before speaking with you and gaining your permission to do so. References will not be sought prior to shortlisting.)
Drop In Recruitment Event/Informal Discussion
For further information, please attend our drop-in recruitment/information event to meet members of our Trust Board. The event will be held on Monday 24 June 2019 at Fieldhead Hospital, Ouchthorpe Lane, Wakefield, WF1 3SP between 5.00 and 7.00pm.
If you would like to discuss the role informally and confidentially with the Chair, Chief Executive or Deputy Chair, please either e-mail Janice.email@example.com or telephone Janice White, PA to the Director of Human Resources, Organisational Development and Estates on 01924 316295.