Sussex Partnership have a clear vision for their future and, most importantly, how they're going to get there. Thinking boldly and creatively about how they work, and what they can do differently to help provide the best possible care to people who use their services both now and in the future. Being a Foundation Trust has brought them closer to their local communities, whilst their teaching trust status recognises their work in research and development; all of which allows them to champion the reduction of stigma and discrimination.
Providing specialist mental health, learning disability and prison healthcare across Sussex and the South East, the Trust value working in partnership with others; leading by example, and encouraging innovation and high quality performance. You will be joining a strong and cohesive Board, value-driven and committed to leading this programme of change.
In their recent inspection the Care Quality Commission (CQC) rated our services as ‘good’ with ‘outstanding’ for caring. It has taken a lot of hard work and commitment to get the Trust to this position, and as a learning organisation that work continues because they want to do the best they possibly can for patients and families.
The roles include overseeing key elements of governance on the Trust Board, providing a strategic and impartial focus and an external view of the work of the Trust that is removed from the day-to-day running of the organisation. As a member of the Trust Board, the Non-Executive Director has a shared responsibility to ensure that the Trust exercises its functions effectively, efficiently, economically, with good governance and in accordance with the terms of the NHS constitution.
The Trust is also looking for Non-Executive Directors who have:
- A track record of strategic, board level leadership in a large complex public sector, private or third sector organisation.
- Knowledge and understanding of mental health services and commitment to the Trust’s ethos.
More specifically, we are looking for candidates who want to use their energy, skills and experience to help drive the delivery of sustainable healthcare services for the people of Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust. They will have undertaken a range of board level leadership roles and be able to demonstrate that they have:
- The ability to work effectively in a leadership role with a range of internal and external stakeholders, using strong people management and communication skills to secure
- The ability to provide strong challenge and be demanding on pace and sustainability in holding executives to account
- Proven governance, organisational and financial skills, including those relating to strategicplanning, risk management and organisation-wide performance management.
- An understanding of the challenges facing healthcare providers and Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust in particular, in delivering high quality, safe services to patients that are clinically and financially sustainable.
- A commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
- We are committed to having a diverse board and we would particularly welcome applications from women and people from black and minority ethnic communities.
All applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 23 February 2018. All applications will be acknowledged.
Find out more
For an informal conversation about
the post, please contact Interim Chair Richard Bayley through Sue Little.
Phone: 01903 843 041