New and revised compartments
We’ve added pathology and doctor productivity to the list of compartments, and we’ve refreshed data to the following compartments:
- pharmacy and medicines
- nursing and midwifery
- allied health professionals
- visitor cost recovery
To help refine key nursing data, we’ve also added a new sub-compartment to the nursing and midwifery compartment.
We’ve also populated a number of clinical services compartments with a standard set of productivity and efficiency metrics including cost per standard productivity, and efficiency metrics. We’ll expand these compartments to align with our Getting It Right First Time programme.
We’ve also made some significant technical developments to coincide with these additions:
- you can now use a drop-down in the top taskbar for peer selection rather than using radio buttons
- we’ve added new peer selection options grouped by CQC rating
and NHS Improvement sub-region
- the new ‘About’ function in the top-right of the toolbar shows the developmental stage of each compartment
- we've embedded a new guidance widget in the bottom right to allow users to quickly search our knowledge base for guidance and support articles, and to send messages, feedback and screenshots to the Model Hospital team
If you work for an NHS provider, you can now register yourself as a new user here. If you are registering from a community, mental health, ambulance or specialist trust, your account will be activated as soon as the board-level oversight compartments for your sectors go live later this month.
We’re working on populating key performance metrics in the board-level oversight compartments using data from the Single Oversight Framework. This covers the 136 acute non-specialist trusts in England and will expand to include data for community, mental health, ambulance and specialist trusts.
We’re testing these new compartments with senior leaders across trusts with a view to going live at the end of April. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.