Following sector-wide feedback, we've published the Use of Resources: assessment framework. This will help us to better understand how effectively and efficiently providers are using their resources – including finances, workforce, estates and facilities, technology and procurement – to provide high quality, efficient and sustainable care for patients. The framework will also help us to deliver tailored support to providers.
What we consulted on
Use of resources
- the proposed approach to carrying out use of resources assessments, initially for acute trusts only, including how we will assess trust performance and reach a rating
- a draft use of resources assessment framework, including indicative metrics, key lines of enquiry, prompts and rating characteristics
- how our Single Oversight Framework will reflect use of resources in its finance and use of resources theme
The new well-led framework
- the joint structure of the well-led framework for acute, mental health, community and ambulance trusts
- the proposed changes to the content, which includes more detail on themes such as compassionate, inclusive leadership, system leadership and, financial and resource governance
- how CQC and NHS Improvement will make use of the well-led framework in our regulatory and oversight activities
Thanks to those of you who provided feedback for this consultation. We have now published the Use of Resources: assessment framework.