This consultation has now closed and we are reviewing the responses.
We are working with the CQC to further align our approaches to overseeing trusts and understanding where support is needed. This draft framework asked for the views of trusts and other interested stakeholders on a new assessment of the use of resources and the new well-led framework.
What we consulted on
Use of resources
- the proposed approach to carrying out use of resources assessments, initially for acute trusts only, including how we will assess trust performance and reach a rating
- a draft use of resources assessment framework, including indicative metrics, key lines of enquiry, prompts and rating characteristics
- how our Single Oversight Framework will reflect use of resources in its finance and use of resources theme
The new well-led framework
- the joint structure of the well-led framework for acute, mental health, community and ambulance trusts
- the proposed changes to the content, which includes more detail on themes such as compassionate, inclusive leadership, system leadership and, financial and resource governance
- how CQC and NHS Improvement will make use of the well-led framework in our regulatory and oversight activities