The guide focuses on providing practical advice with sections on tips and opportunities to self-assess. It incorporates the good practice gathered through working with over 60 NHS organisations in relation to cancer delivery and from focus group discussions with NHS managers across England, who are at the forefront of cancer delivery in their organisations.
The guide covers key aspects of pathway management and focuses on the following important areas:
- good practice governance principles in relation to reporting and performance management
- tools and techniques for modelling and planning cancer demand and capacity
- examples of core cancer infrastructures, including individual and team roles, systems and processes
- robust approaches to the administrative aspects of waiting times management, including referral and booking management, patient tracking
- management of integrated functions and services across diagnostics, outpatients and inpatients