Every six months we publish
official statistics on incidents reported to the NRLS.
The National patient safety incident reports (NaPSIRs) set out the number of patient safety incidents reported to the NRLS and describes national patterns and trends. NaPSIRs were previously called Quarterly Data Summaries (QDS).
As well as the NaPSIRs we also publish Organisation patient safety incident reports which set out the number of patient safety incidents reported by each NHS trust.
Data workbooks and commentary (official statistics)
- National patient safety incident reports: September 2018
- National patient safety incident reports: March 2018
- National patient safety incident reports: September 2017
- National quarterly data on patient safety incident reports: March 2017
- National quarterly data on patient safety incident reports: September 2016
Data published before September 2016
Reports published prior to September 2016 are available on the NRLS website
Upcoming publication dates
- 26 September 2018
- 27 March 2019
- 25 September 2019
How we use incident reports submitted to the NRLS to improve patient safety
You can find details of how we identify issues and risks by reviewing patient safety incident reports, and the action we take as a direct result to protect patients from harm in our Patient safety review and response reports. These reports include information and case studies on what we did to address ‘rare and under-recognised’ safety issues identified through the NRLS and other sources.
Get updates to this page by RSS feed