The 2017/19 National Tariff Payment System came into effect on 1 April 2017.
The documents below provide details of the tariff prices and rules, and guidance on implementing them.
Information about the currencies and prices to use in 2017/18 to 2018/19 national tariff.
A list of the changes made to the national tariff document between the statutory consultation in November and the final publication.
This contains the models used to set prices for the 2017/18 to 2018/19 national tariff.
A manual to help clinicians to accurately use the Mental Health Clustering Tool.
Further information and guidance on certain currencies for services with national prices.
Guidance on currencies specified in the 2017/18 to 2018/19 national tariff that do not have national prices.
Guidance to support the implementation of the best practice.
We’ve also published a number of supporting documents that can be read alongside the national tariff.
Enquiries and frequently asked questions relating to the tariff.
Explanation of impact of national guidance on sepsis counting and coding and model methodology for assessing financial impact
An explanatory guide to the market forces factor.
Non-statutory guidance for commissioners is provided as a supporting document to the ‘National variations to national prices’ section of the 2017/18 to 2018/19 national tariff.
Information about the technology and innovation tariff and the non-mandatory currencies and prices we propose to use in the 2017/18 to 2018/19 national tariff.
Additional information about the innovation and technology tariff.
Explains how to manage any financial impact resulting from the transition from the Secondary Uses Service (SUS) to SUS+.
Use this guidance to reduce variance in the way organisations describe and record antenatal and postnatal care; and
encourage more proactive care, delivered closer to home and a more woman-focused approach to maternity care.
Keep up to date
Get the latest news on how we're developing the national tariff. You can also sign up for email updates.
If you have any specific questions on the national tariff please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Guidance and price list to support work on overseas patients
- Consultation on our proposals for the national tariff - including the consultation feedback
- A tool to show how tariff prices change during our price modelling process
- Shared planning guidance for NHS trusts and foundation trusts
- Establishing a relationship between provider costs and national prices report
- Developing a capitated payment approach for mental health
- Developing an episodic payment approach for mental health
- Linking quality and outcomes measures to payment for mental health