Explains how we reviewed patient safety incidents reported to us and the action we took as a direct result to protect patients from harm between October 2016 and March 2017.
- explains how we review and respond to new or under-recognised risks
- provides an outline of our clinical review and response process
- gives examples of the action we took between October 2016 and March 2017 as a direct result of our reviews of incidents
- highlights where we've helped our partners to take action to improve safety across the NHS
- gives recognition to staff, patients and members of the public who have taken time to report incidents