This resource is designed to help trust boards, or their equivalents, in assessing whether previous alerts and guidance around nasogastric tubes have been implemented and embedded within their organisations.
The resource set includes:
- a summary of the safety critical requirements of previous alerts
- a review of reported incidents and investigation summaries
- suggested areas for self-assessment and commissioner assurance
- links to related resources and guidance
- suggestions for further guidance and research