We're working with providers to implement patient-level costing across the NHS. Resources, outputs and tools from cost collections – both PLICS and reference costs – to support you to use cost data are available in Using costing information to support better outcomes.
Latest news from the programme
Consultation on draft standards for 2019 now open
We are pleased to announce the release of the draft 2019 healthcare costing standards documents for consultation in November 2018. The first set of integrated standards (applicable to acute, mental health and community health services), as well as the latest acute standards are now available through the Open Learning Platform. If you don’t already have access to the OLP, please email email@example.com
2019 cost collections update
Upcoming webinars: All sessions take place 12.30-13.30pm
- 15 January: PLICS in mental health, community and integrated trusts
- 27 February: Approved Costing Guidance launch
- 13 March: TBC
- 4 December: Costing in 2019: consultations on collections (all sectors) and standards for ambulance and mental health. Click here to view
- 21 November: Costing Assessment Tool. Click here to view
- 8 November: Costing in 2019: Timetable, scope and consultation on integrated standard. Click here to view
- 17 October: Costing collections: data outputs and updates on pilots. Click here to view
- 15 August: 2017/18 cost collections: resubmissions and data quality. Click here to view
- 20 June: Education and training standards. Click here to view
- 20 June: Costing community services: PLICS guidance. Click here to view
- 12 June: Acute cost collections - reference costs and PLICS. Click here to view
- 16 May: 'Talk to an early implementer' - mental health implementation and collection: building readiness. Click here to view
- 3 May: 'Talk to an early implementer' - acute implementation and collections: building readiness. Click here to view
- 21 March: Mental health and ambulance: Approved Costing Guidance and early implementer support explained. Click here to view
- 21 February: Approved Costing Guidance: publication and implementation support. Click here to view
About the programme
To support the sustainable delivery of high quality patient care as outlined in the Five Year Forward View, providers need to fully understand their current models of care and what the impact would be of moving to a new way of delivering services.
Cost is an important factor in evaluating how effectively and efficiently you're delivering care to patients. Having accurate, consistent, patient-level cost information will help you to:
- make the best possible use of resources
- evaluate clinical practice
- compare different ways of working
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with costing news by signing up to receive our costing newsletter. You can also find out where we’ll be speaking in the events section of the newsletter. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our distribution list.
Find us on Twitter
Several members of the Costing Team are active on Twitter - use the hashtag #ImprovingCosting to find the latest messages from them and other costing professionals.
Please email any questions, feedback or suggestions to email@example.com.